October 7, 2019

Learning to Follow His lead

This year has been a challenging year to say the least. My family is learning to come together without our fearless leader, Daddy, and each find our place. It's been interesting to walk through grief as a Mom, while observing and supporting each of my kids as they are grieving too. I have had many situations come up where I just didn't know what I am to do. It could be practical things. It could be relational things. It could just be simple things like I lost something or I don't know where Bill kept that! So here's what I've been learning. The Bible tells us to "Pray without ceasing." When I was a kid, I thought, Well that's impossible! I can't pray all the time! I am doing other things too! Of course we aren't praying at every moment are we? I'm normally quick to pray in situations, but as a married woman, I was also quick to consult with my husband for his wisdom. That's totally normal! But now that he is in Heaven, I am realizing how often I would consult with him before praying. So the Lord has given me a gift lately. I am continuously praying as things come up. Is prayer a magical solution? It it the "Power of Prayer"? I would challenge that thought. I see no power in prayer. I see power coming from a real interactive relationship with God. His Holy Spirit speaks. He brings the answer to mind. He answers prayer. He gives wisdom when I need it. I can't handle all the wisdom at once. I don't need it all now.
As I find myself wondering what now? Or why? Or who gets the honor and praise for this? Its got to be our Lord. I NEED to turn to Him.
I can't even tell you all the stories of how He just keeps answering prayer. I'm telling you I would have a story for every single day. It's mind blowing how He is always with me. I tell you because He is always with you too. Call out to Him. He is right there. I'm not referring to just a rescuer. I'm saying a comforter. A PEACE that only He can give. The Bible also says that "He goes before me." When we face uncertainty, believe this truth! He goes before you. He is right there ready to walk it out with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. So friend, I encourage you to pray. To accept Him. To allow the Lord to guide your life. Ask Him to show up for you. He promises that He will.

No comments: