September 16, 2008

Fall Harvest


We've been enjoying the harvest of late summer and working
hard to preserve what we can for this winter.
The Lord has blessed us with tomatoes, apples, and peaches over the last week.
I must say that I enjoy every minute of it. The kids really like to help
out too.
So a little commentary on the photos.
The one of the baby with the watermelon. He was soooo hilarious
trying to bite into that huge watermelon! He has learned
that if I hand him an apple or peach, that he can bite it...
Well, the watermelon was a little too big!
The one of David sleeping was after a long day of picking apples and
peaches at a Farm. That boy Ran and Ran everywhere with the
other kids! He also insisted on picking his own bag of apples.
Lets see...so far this season,
I've canned green beans, crushed tomatoes, tomato juice,
apple butter, apple sauce and peach butter.
Tomorrow, I will be recieving more peaches and apples!
Hopefully, we will have enough applesauce to last us through winter!
I'm thinking I need to freeze a few pies too :)
Now my feet hurt and it's time to go to bed.
I think tomorrow will be a slow and hopefully a restful day.
Can you do that with four little kids?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: