August 19, 2008

Cooking with the kids

Well, today I ran across a great recipe for Funnel cake on a blog that I read frequently. I thought it might be fun to make with the kids. They were so cute in the kitchen. We dressed up in our aprons, and got to work together. I didn't think to take pictures, but just as well, I'm sure you can imagine what they looked like. David had his black apron on and Luke had a green one. Maggie and I have our matching blue flowery ones wrapped around our waist, and before long, I was covered in flour, and Maggie had powdered sugar on her cheeks...YES...she tried to eat it by the handful. David stayed clean as a whistle, and Luke help taste test the food as it was ready. By the way, he's a great powdered sugar duster! We had fun. It was tastey...I look forward to doing it again sometime. Maybe next time we will make Aunty Anne's pretzels....

No comments: