August 14, 2008

Flowers

I took pictures of our flowers today. They look so pretty!
I'm still learning how to place the flowers where they look nice next
to each other. This year, my flower beds are pretty random with flowers,
but hopefully over time, we will get it figured out.
In the meantime, I took the closeup pictures of different blooms.
The kids go out and help pick out different flowers for vases in
the house. I enjoy seeing what they pick.
So from left to right and top to bottom, here are the names
of each flower:
Gloriosa Daisy, Gazania, Zinnia, Gazania
Double bloom impatient, Gloriosa daisy, Gloriosa daisy, Shasta Daisy
Cosmo, Pink Geranium, Marigold, Trumpet Gaillardia
Sunset Gaillardia, Icicle Pansy, Zinnia, Painted Daisy
The Gloriosa were grown from seed, and were a variety mix. I believe
they are part of the Aster family and are Perennials.
The Gaillardia varieties are my all time favorite flowers. The Gazania flowers are pretty,
but the blooms close up when not in full sun.
I have been very happy with how well they are reseeding themselves to fill out.
I had wondered since they are an annual.
The painted daisies are teeny tiny
little things that close up when not in full sun.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: