October 18, 2008

This World is Not my home...

This world is not my home...I'm justa passin' through. If heaven weren't my home, then Lord what would I do? The Angels beckon me from Heaven's open door, and I can't feel at home in this world anymore...
This song has been ringing in my mind for the last week or so. Have I ever told you that I ALWAYS have a song stuck in my head?
I think this song has come to mind after thinking about this year being an election year, and watching our economy become so unstable in the last few months. It's amazing how easy it is to get wrapped up in the fears of this world...especially when we are seeking comfort.
After a few really good discussions with Bill, I've come to realize that I am free not to vote if I don't want to. I just don't see a candidate that would be able to lead in a way that I think is honoring to the Lord. Since this is the case, I can trust that Jesus is who puts people in power in the first place. I don't have to try to control or contribute anything to see what Jesus will do. Sure, I have the right to. Do I have to? No. That's a freedom I have been given too.
It's interesting how society believes that we are obligated to participate in things like elections.
So with that said, I feel free to not have to carry a load or heavy burden of where our country is going. If tomorrow, everything falls apart, I still have my Lord.
Like the song says...This world is not my home...

No comments: