October 29, 2008

Who Likes Pumpkin????

I am VERY sentimental about Pumpkin bread.
My Great Grandmother used to make it in coffee tins and freeze the rolls
of bread to serve on Thanksgiving. I tell ya, it was moist,
it was good and she even had little ridges on the loaf to cut it.
Wow, brings back memories from childhood.
So with that said, I find myself making pumpkin bread all year long.
This year I decided to try making my own pumpkin puree.
I saw this post on how to do it, and YUMMY!
(By the way...Pioneer Woman has quite a few very good recipes on her site!
I would recommend checking her out.)
I have bags of frozen puree sitting in my freezer for a fraction of the cost!

And to top it off, we have a bunch of seeds to spice up and toast for treats!

So if you like making pumpkin pie, bread, cookies or cake, give this a try!
You'll be glad you made it!

Do you like my pumpkin man???
He was the official chopper since my pumpkins
were hard as a rock!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: