January 30, 2011

Canning


So not a ton has been going on around our house lately.
With the cold arctic air flowing through my yard, we've opted
to stay inside mostly.
I've been cooking more soup than ever this winter, and realized
that I should really be making larger batches and canning some.
So that's what I did today. I had homemade chicken broth made up,
and made lentil soup. It's nice to pull out a jar that's ready to eat and made
just how we like it.
We are enjoying the foods that we canned over the summer still.
We are still going through the tomatoes that a friend gave me, along with
apple and peach butter on our toast. Yummy!

What is your favorite food to can?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christine said...

How do you make and can your chicken broth Rachel? We are slowly learning to preserve!

Christine said...

How do you cook and can your chicken broth Rachel? We are slowly learning to preserve!