February 7, 2008

Clean Sweep

Today has been quite a working day around here! I decided to concentrate on my dining room, and get it cleaned up and organized. I recently came to the conclusion that I need to get an area ready for a piano, so I needed to do some downsizing in other areas. I'm hoping to have a piano by the end of summer. We will see how that goes.

So today I have cleaned most of the dining room. It is the room we keep our desk for projects, computer desk and dining stuff in. It's full. So I took out the computer desk and made my projects desk a place for the computer also. I will just have to keep things very simple. I already struggle with being a pack rat, so it's good for me to keep things very simplistic.

Recently I realized that I need to become more of a guard of letting "things" into the house. It's just going to get too cramped if we keep accumulating much. It seems I always am having to get rid of and clean out, and I'd like to do less of that and more play. (Don't we all?)
I was introduced to a yahoo group called Freecycle, a few years ago, and this has been wonderful to have for recycling as we clean out. I post things on there all the time to give away instead of heading out to the Goodwill.
Well, that's all the time I have for now. Until later...

No comments: