February 14, 2008

Valentines Day


After a cold day, it was refreshing to have a nice,
hot casserole for dinner tonight.
I got the recipe from a friend who I consider to be a wonderful
cook. It's called Tricolor Pasta and Ham casserole.
Boy! Did it turn out tasty!!!
Here's the recipe:
1 pkg tricolor pasta
Fully cooked cubed ham
1/2 bag frozen corn
shredded extra sharp white cheddar
1 cup chicken broth
2 cans cream of (whatever you like)
1/2 cup milk
salt, pepper, your favorite mix of spices (I use Mrs. Dash)
French Fried onions
Cook noodles al dente, meanwhile, mix soup, milk and spices in a seperate bowl. Shred cheese. Layer drained noodles, ham, corn, cheese, pour soup mixture on top, another layer of cheese, french fried onions on top. Cook at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
YUMMY!


We spent time over at our friend's house today. Here's David
with his great friend Caleb. They could play in the cold
and icy snow for hours if we let them.

David wasn't so happy here, since we had to leave.
I caught him sneak a smile at me in he midst
of trying to convince me that he was mad that
we had to go home.

I also wanted to share how our budding artist is
creating the most interesting pictures
lately on our white board. I should probably get
him a sketch pad. Here's a dragon. He had plenty to say
about his picture after drawing it.
I just love to hear a five year old explain his art.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: