March 10, 2008

About Time


OK, time to get blogging!
Rachel and I wanted to make this a family project, but I have yet to contribute.
Well, who's keeping score? (Rachel - 22, Bill - 0)

Life is busy enough just living it, let alone writing about it after the fact.

So why blog?

1) I love reading the blogs of my brothers, especially those who are far away. It is great to see and hear what has been going on in their lives, and it provokes me to write, pray, call, give, and participate in their lives as opportunity presents itself. I want to bless others as they have blessed me.

2) So people who are yet strangers can get a taste of who we are, what we do. This should be enough for most people to decide whether they want to get to know our family. You never know who you might stumble upon in the world wide web.

3) It is good to reflect on life as it is being lived. I hope that in recording thoughts and events it will cause me to realize how the Lord is working in our lives. I expect it to produce thanksgiving, repentance, new understanding, and lasting memories.

4) To develop new relationships, communicate with more people, and to bring the grace of God to those who are ready to receive it. I am hoping that we may find some people who are lost and have ears to hear, brothers who have been deceived and are eager to be corrected, and those who are wiser than myself with the ability to communicate the wisdom of God in ways that help me to see Jesus more clearly.

Well that is my intention, and my hope...Lets see how it plays out.

No comments: