April 9, 2008

Gardening and Knitting...


With Spring here, I just can't wait to start planting our vegetable garden. The kid's helped plant seeds a few weeks ago, and they are growing nicely. Each day, we look at them and get excited about the fruit to come. David is starting to be such a great helper in watering them too!



So I finished my diaper cover project a few days ago. It's a free pattern that I found here: http://warmheartwoolies.com/PlainWrap.pdf This is how it turned out. I'm still trying to decide if I want to modify the pattern a little to make it a better fit on the baby. We will see about that! I've learning quite a bit about how to knit by trying these little patterns. It's a fun hobby.





Here is a little baby bootie that I also just finished. I recently found this pattern online at http://www.saartjeknits.nl/ She has another pattern for these cute little flowers that I might try someday. It's too complicated for a beginner like me at this point.

This morning has started out a little rough, but after prayer, and seeing Jesus show up to change things, I am doing much better. I also found out that a friend had her baby this morning. I'm sooooo excited for her. It's a boy!!! I know she was very excited to find out if the baby was a boy or girl. It seems that amoung my friends, the boys seem to out number the girls!!!

Well, off to play with the kids :) Until later, Rach~
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow..I'm really impressed with the things you've knitted. I crochet a lot and can make almost anything if I crochet it but knitting is kind of a challenge..I've knitted a ton of scarves but trying anything else on my own seems too daunting..Really nice job!